Sunday 20 December 2015

Festive Books! 5 Days


Only 5 days until Christmas day and the weather in England is so miserable and dull you wouldn't believe it. SO I thought that I would write this short post about a few books you should read this holiday to cheer you up and get your festive fever going! 


#1 Harry Potter Series


J. K. Rowling

The firsts book/series is one that I have shamefully not read because I was born a couple years late and missed the huge hype and even bigger queues at book stores that my brother waited in for hours: The Harry Potter series. Yep, I haven't read this series BUT I WILL this holiday and in the new year! I swear! This is one of the most famous series ever and is one that I know that a lot of people in the Potter fandom read every Christmas religiously. 

The series is so magical and emotional that it's perfect to completely indulge yourself in when you're able to fully relax at this time of the year. A tradition in my household is to binge watch the movies at least three times a year because they're just all round awesome and we inevitably watch them at Christmas. There're seven books, however they're so cheap on paperback and on kindle. Also new book covers have come out. 


So, if you're struggling on what to read and you're like me, read the Harry Potter series! Whether it's for the first time or the hundredth time...









#2 Let It Snow


John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle 

A book that I will be starting within the next couple of days is Let It Snow. The content of the book is three short stories each written by a different author, but they all link together in some way. I've heard very mixed views about this book but what do you expect? It's written by three different authors who all have different writing styles which different people will like and dislike. I think this is such a good idea and I hope that it will make me feel all Christmassy and happy. I've owned this book for over a year after planning to read it last Christmas, but getting sidetracked so it's near the top of my list for this year. 

















#3 Night Circus


Erin Morgenstern 

Much like Harry Potter, the Night Circus is a book about magic and magicians. This book was so popular a year or so ago and was all over bookstagram. I've read about half the book however I was in a reading slump and wasn't appreciating it to what it deserves so I stopped. From what I did read it's very magical, descriptive and innovative book that I recommend and therefore I believe this time of the year is perfect time to give it a read if you haven't already. 




#4 My True Love Gave To Me 


Stephanie Perkins, Holly Black, Ally Carter, Matt de la                          Pena, Gayle Forman, Jenny Han, David Levithan, Kelly                        Link, Myra McEnture, Rainbow Rowell, Laini Taylor                            Kiersten White 

This is another very festive read and is basically only suitable to read this time of the year. This book is filled with twelve different festive stories based around Christmas and New Years. None of the stories are linked and they are all by different authors. I have read one or two of the shot stories last year and they were so enjoyable and quick to read. I'm very intrigued to read the one by Laini Taylor who I know from reading the amazing Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy and Kiersten White, author of Illusions of Fate


I think this kind of book is perfect this time of the year as it can sometimes be quite a hectic time, so a book that you can easily pick up and down to read a short story is great. 




#5 The Lunar Chronicles 


               Marissa Meyer

The Lunar Chronicles is a series of four fairytale- retelling books, all set in the far future in a fantasy world. This series is one of my favourite of all time. The storyline and the characters are instantly lovable. The magical and creative plot is perfect this time of the year, and the series has recently come to an end with Winter coming out in November. Maybe buy the entire series for Christmas? You won't regret it...



So that's just a few books that I think are PERFECT for this time of the year to read or reread. Thank you for reading, and make sure to check in tomorrow for the next post.
You can read my previous post HERE









Hannah
 ♥









No comments: